Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lost in China


Last week I returned from a 10 day voyage to the south of China. I traveled with Andrea and Baptiste to Guilin and Yangshuo, in the Guangxi province. It was a great trip, filled with all the ups and downs that international travel (on a budget) provides. Here is a small sample of the sights we saw:


Silly girls.

Red bean rice. Delicious.
Our boat ride down the Ling Canal, built in 219 BC.

River trip from Guilin to Yangshuo, down the Li River.




The dramatic limestone peaks surrounding Yangshuo. Beautiful.



Another boat trip, this time on a bamboo raft.
I made an attempt to guide our raft...it is really hard. Can anyone say night bus? These little bunks were smaller than one would imagine. I could barely fold myself in. Although, this was a much more comfortable ride than the 20 hours back to Beijing we spent in a hard seat, which means sitting up and being very crowded for 20 hours. I would not recommend it. Hence, no photos.
On the way back we made a stop in Yichang to see The Three Gorges Dam, the largest HydroElectric Project in the World. There are a couple of fishermen in the bottom right hand corner, check them out for perspective on how big this dam really is.
Bye!

3 comments:

NandaAnn said...

your hair is so cute! looks like you're trip was pretty cool... you'll have to tell me more! love ya!

nadine said...

Hey Sarah, I don't you to take this the wrong way but your butt looks really good in these pictures.

Heather said...

Your bye pic is hysterical! Miss you!