Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Great Wall

In China, it is said that you are not a man until you walk on The Great Wall. So, I am now a man. Last Saturday, our school took us on a group trip to a section of the wall about 1 1/2 outside of Beijing. It was a beautiful day.

My new friends, Andrea (Mexico) and Baptiste (France):

It goes on forever:

This is a steep section up to a watch tower:

You can see how rocky the terrain is around the wall:



These are my classmates, representing Thailand, Mongolia, Mexico, France and America:

It was a pretty intense hike up a steep section of steps to get to the wall. Luckily, they built a slide back down (it was awesome!):


Nestor displaying his new wares from the tourist shops at the bottom of the wall:

Exhausted!

3 comments:

nadine said...

Dude, that looks totally AWESOME! I wanna go...

Heather said...

So I've been saving the blog for a writing break. It's like a mini-vacation. Keep the pics coming. They are amazing. And I promise I will call this week. I'll be in the car on the way back from Louisville Monday morning if you want to chat.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.