Friday, March 16, 2007

First China Pics and Barbara in Beijing

So I figured out how to adjust the picture size so that I can upoad them on this slow internet connection. In any case, I have so many wonderful pictures already and it has only been 2 weeks. My friend Barbara (from high school) is living in Korea right now and she had to leave the country in order to get a new visa, so she came to Beijing. Just two weeks in and I already had a visitor. It was great. Here are a few images from our adventures.

Lamb kebas, yummy! Our neighborhood at sunset:
Sea Urchin anyone?
Wangfujing, otherwise known as crazy food on a stick place:


Barbara eating a locust. I tried it too, the shell just kind of gets stuck in your teeth.


So many bikes: Picking Barbara up from the airport, this was the scene on the departures level:
This is the Toll booth, very decorative:
Temple of Heaven:



Out to lunch with our crazy, awesome Landlord (she only speaks Chinese):

My first two fake bag purchases, one Gucci, one Chloe:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah! Pretty cool your landlord! I can't imagine taking a picture with my landlord here in Columbia... but yours seems to be pretty cool!

Unknown said...

Have you considered walking into downtown Beijing, yelling "DONG!!" and seeing what happens?