Thursday, February 22, 2007

Moving and St. Augustine

Quick update:
So I successfully moved out of Columbia in two pick up trucks with the help of my dad and uncle Frenchy. I wish I had taken a picture of the two trucks backed up to my house as well as my dad and uncle wrapping my red saucer shaped 70's chair in black plastic. It was a pretty funny sight. They made the move so easy.

I then headed down to the big city of Zepherhills, FL to visit with my dad's other brother, Tony and some other relatives. My grandfather's sister, Dova, lives there as well. She's 101 years old and this is the joke she told me: A woman threw a piece of gum out the window of her car. She said, "I know that piece of gum is going to heaven." Her friend asked, "How do you know it is going to heaven?" She replied, "Because I chewed the hell out of it."

Right now I'm spending a couple of days with my mom and step-dad in St. Augustine (the nation's oldest city) at the Casa Monica Hotel. It's gorgeous and the weather has been spectacular. Unfortunately, my camera battery ran out...but last night we ate an amazing meal at 95 Cordova, the Hotel restaurant. And I just got back from another great meal at La Pentola. If you're ever in St. Augustine, check out any and all of these hot spots.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Sarah, I hope you have a safe flight over to China. Glad you are getting a chance to hang with your family before heading over. I'm looking forward to doing the same in a few weeks! All the best - Christopher