Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Seoul's got Soul!

At the beginning of October all of China is on vacation, so I took the opportunity to jump over to Seoul and visit my girl Barbara (friend's since we were 11 years old). She is working there as a University English teacher. We had an amazing time and I now love Seoul!

For those of you that don't know, all Asians make peace signs with their hands in pictures...so when in Rome...

Barbara and her friend Tom at an interesting little museum tucked into the hills of Itaewon-a neighborhood in Seoul.
This funky bar serves drinks in plastic bags.


More amazing street food...
Outside the royal palace.
At Dr. Fish Cafe, one is able to enjoy a beverage while having their feet nibbled by small fish...how bizarre, and so ticklish!
This place is famous for eating fried fish while sipping makgeolli (a delicious rice alcohol).





Oh...and everyone...let me know you've been here by leaving me a comment. Click on the comments link below. Take care. Love, Sarah


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your courage. I don't think I could handle fish nibbling my feet while eating their cousins, but when in Seoul...take your shoes off. Love it. Bella

Heather said...

I can't wait to eat delicious street food and drink rice alcohol and, most importantly, take silly pictures. See you soon!!
XOXO
HLT

Unknown said...

Drinks in plastic, ummmm just like NASA does it.
Have a safe trip back and let me know if your in town.
xxoo
Chris

Anonymous said...

sarah!

just got caught up on your blog. your journey sounds incredible. and its nice to see that you are taking full advantage of exploring asia. happy 30th! thanks for updating me on barbara too. can't wait for more updates. love sneha

Anonymous said...

You should get paid for the pictures,and for the writing don't stop. LOVE UNCLE FRENCHY