Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Weekend in Charleston

Here is the first installment in a series of final family visits before I take off. This past weekend my Dad, stepmom, and I went to Charleston, SC. We ate fabulous food, drank spectacular wine and enjoyed beautiful scenery.


Our first night in town we ate at Fish, on King Street. They specialize in local, seasonal seafood with fresh herbs. Here are a few things we had:

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES - spicy red sesame aioli

SHRIMP TEMPURA - veggies, sweet and sour blood orange

GROUPER - stewed okra, plantation rice, black eyed pea relish

But the absolute best part of the meal and one of the best wines I've ever had was the Tempranillo, Multus "Crianza" - Rioja 2001. It was great. Light with a full flavor, went down smooth. Seek it out.

On Saturday night, we went to Coast on John Street, another fabulous meal! By the way, Tonisha gets mad props for these restaurant recommendations.


This is the Lobster tail poached in butter with a balsamic hollandaise sauce (we ordered two!) I talked my dad into trying the ALBARINO, VIONTA, RIAS BAIXAS, '04. I love an albarino, it's a spicy white wine. Yum!






4 comments:

Adrian said...

you are a foodie!!! Welcome to the blogging world

Natalie said...

welcome...I just joined too! Your weekend in Charleston reminded me of when I was in Charleston with my own parents.

nadine said...

Yo girl. It's Sarah. This is awesome. I wanna hear more!!

Did you go to the Hominy Grill? The owner is the brother of John and Julie from Early Girl in A'ville and their shrimp and grits are off the hook.

Christopher said...

Sarah, very cool you are writing now. I'm glad I'll be able to read all abotu your experiences. I've added your blog to the list of blogs that I will be putting up on the single blog site at some point.

Keep writing!! :)